We've Moved- Please Come See Us

Check out the new home for New Hampshire Watchdog:

NewHampshireWatchdog.org

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Stimulating the Dead

That's some stimulus. Not only has spending billions of dollars actually increased unemployment faster than President Obama's economic advisors projected, but it's raising the dead in Maryland:

Millions of Americans on Social Security are receiving $250 checks as part of the president's stimulus plan -- including an Anne Arundel woman who died more than 40 years ago.

The woman's son, 83-year-old James Hagner, said he got the surprise when he checked his mailbox late last week.

"It shocked me and I laughed all at the same time," Hagner said. "I don't even expect to get one my own self, and I get one for my mother for 43 years ago?"

His mother, Rose, died on Memorial Day in 1967.

Here's a nifty chart prepared by the President's economists showing how the stimulus would lower unemployment rates. The two red triangles show what actually happened:
Hattip: Instapundit

No comments:

Post a Comment