We've Moved- Please Come See Us

Check out the new home for New Hampshire Watchdog:

NewHampshireWatchdog.org

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The New Hampshire Advantage

Dan Pierce posts a great article on tax competition among states over at RedHampshire:
I wish I had a nickel for every minute I spent arguing this point in my many years on the radio here in the Granite State. Laffer and Moore have studies which back their claim that…surprise, surprise, surprise…when you raise taxes on wealthy people, they have the wherewithal to take action, like moving to a more amenable place. For Conservatives, Republicans and Libertarians (or any combination thereof) this is an argument that can be backed up with real-time data and real-life experiences. If the Massachusetts legislature goes through with a sales tax increase, we’ll see more evidence of our advantage on that front.
(Disclosure- Dan hired me for my first time job as an overnight reporter at AM610 WGIR in 1994. Whether hiring me to work midnight to 8am makes me more of less likely to think well of Dan is open to interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment