We've Moved- Please Come See Us

Check out the new home for New Hampshire Watchdog:

NewHampshireWatchdog.org

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Worn to a nub calling for fiscal reality and accountability

Portsmouth Herald columnist Rick Fabrizio writes that's he is sick of hearing how a large increase in spending came after "tough cuts" to the budget:

Call me irresponsible if you must, but I still prefer a zero-increase budget from the state. Call me irresponsible, but I didn't propagate that the Senate "held the line on spending" with a record-setting general fund budget filled with cost shifting accounting gimmicks.

I believe current levels of government salaries and benefits, unwieldy and inefficiently administrated programs, along with waste, are breaking the back of sustainable government spending, endangering us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment